News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

NEW OPTION TO GET SUPPORT

Started by Dan, December 14, 2010, 11:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Hi,

In order to help you more efficiently, we added a free service for all the vArranger users.

If you have any problems, we can help you remotely by connecting to your computer

To get support :

- Download this file http://www.varranger.com/support.exe

- Run it on your computer, and send the ID to support@varranger.fr

- Then, wait for me.  You can work on your computer, but don't close the ID window

Dan

pax_eterna

Brilliant idea, and another terrific service Dan... bon travail!!

Only thing is I never allow my PC to be open to anything or anyone - even my best friends...sorry m8.

But a good service nonetheless for those who don't mind, or are not as security paranoid as I am ;)

Dennis

Dan

This service is 100% secured, and you can see all what I am doing on your screen.
At any time you can control everything, and decide to stop my helping.

Lionel

Yes very handy for those who are not PC literate and cost saving are huge.

A PC technician will charge a arm and a leg to look at your computer these days.

You will find most or a lot of Reputable anti-virus companies, businesses do this very thing Dan is offering.

Symantec (norton) does this as a fact.

You do have full control to terminate at anytime.

The bottom line is if you don't want that sort of help you don't use it. But for others who need help, here is a surefire quick way
to resolve issues very quickly.

Lionel

pax_eterna

Ahhh well fair enough and you are all entitled to your view...BUT once the door is open, regardless of whether you can stop what ever the person is doing, that is only for what you SEE they are doing...

And in any case if I am not trusted to honestly destroy a USB drive if it goes faulty and I need a new one (apparently I have to physically return the USB to France before I can get an authorisation for the replacement USB drive)  why would the trust go back the other way??!! It's sort of like, "trust me....but I don't trust you"

No offence at all Dan and with all respect, truly!! And none of that is a personal attack at all. Just my view.

jan1kow

I have allowed Dan to access my computer several times and completely trust Dan for this purpose.
I saw his every move and any file/folder he needed to access or view live on my screen.
I am sure Dan is more than buzy with the continual ongoing vArranger evolution etc. and has no intention, interest ot time in what files and information I or we have on our computers.
By the way, it is common worldwide practice to be asked to return faulty items (USB pen drive) before replacement is made.
Just my view on this.
Jon
UK

pax_eterna

As I wrote Jon, it was not a personal attack, so putting up the defensive barricades was not really necessary. I respect your view though, that's cool.
And fwiw vA is one of the few authorisation systems that still use a USB drive (even those with the so called Dongles-a device that ONLY stores activation codes- are re-thinking, and going back to the "call-response" system). After many very similar complaints to mine over the years.

Call-response is a very valid and hugely popular activation system.

In any case that is beside the point I was trying to make, which is if I am not trusted by someone else...it is VERY difficult to give trust. Trust and respect are both "two-way exchanges" in my view.

Again NO personal attack, or offence is intended....

Lionel

You are exactly right - Trust & Respect is earned not brought or given.

In this case here the Developer has already earned his.

No i would not give anybody access to my system unless I really need too.

But if you had to take your computer in for repair to a PC shop you are really given the guy access to your system
to do whatever he pleases - but do you trust & respect him (Not likely) maybe 1 or the other and if you are fortunate you just happen to know the
guy personally.

Anyway I do see your point of view but sometimes you have to go by instinct.
Way up the pros & cons , etc.

The idea is to promote the service to those who need it not scare the hell out of them.

I recommend this sytem to those who need it and Trust & respect Dan.

But as you say you don't 100% I would have to be honest and say the same thing. But you have to use common sense and judgement as well.

The only person I trust & respect 100% is My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

No I am not preaching to you either.. I just do but it didn't happen overnight either.

Lionel

pax_eterna

Well said Lionel :)

You guys have been around here a lot longer than me, so I totally respect your views...in my case I have been repairing PC's and the OS systems for many years, so I would not need the service. BUT I agree 100% with you (as I wrote in my first post) it is a brilliant idea for those who do need assistance..

And very generous of Dan to devote the time to doing it. As I said it was in NO WAY a personal sleight, I just like to be open and honest with folks is all :)

I think Dan does a tremendous job, not only with his terrific software but also his going out of his way where possible to help folks. Huge kudos

Dennis

jan1kow

Point taken and everybody here has my respect as valued musicians with irreplaceable knowlege.
For me trust is not an issue here as I have nothing to hide or of any interest to anyone other than my music content.
However it sounds as if you guys know more about the insides of a computer than me so any info on what type of files and info would be of interest to others would be interesting. 
Jon 

pax_eterna

Hi Jon,

Ask away  :) anything you like. If I can help I will

Dennis

jan1kow

Thanks I will if I have any security issues .
jon